tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 15 20:47:33 1995

Re: Kick this around...

Lawrence writes:
>...from David Damerell <[email protected]>:
>> Can we do anything sensible with 'In article ... writes:' as seen at the
>> top of USENET articles?
>
>Several obvious things come to mind, but then again, what strikes me as
>obvious
>might well be bizarre or opaque to someone else.  So... input?

The standard practice here seems to be {ghItlh ...} with no reference
to an article ID number (reasonable because e-mail doesn't HAVE article
IDs like usenet news does).  I've NEVER had occasion to use the article
IDs, and my quotes usually don't include them.

cha' DeQwIj vInob neH