tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 16 02:39:51 1995

Klingon on the Live TV channel, UK

(I recently sent this to [email protected], but I think it got dropped on
the floor during the changeover.  At any rate, I've not received a copy
back.)

Last Wednesday I appeared on "Morning Live", a magazine program broadcast
by the Live TV cable channel in the UK from 9am to 12.  This was in
connection with the Star Trek exhibition currently touring the country, and
which opened in London yesterday at the Science Museum.

I was first interviewed, giving my answers in Klingon, with English
subtitles.  Later in the programme, I was interviewed "straight", about the
attraction of science fiction and Star Trek.

Here's the script of the Klingon interview I prepared for them.  I wasn't
able to record it, as the local cable company doesn't distribute Live TV
(and I'm not on cable anyway), but I asked them to send me a tape.

The Klingon and the English version of my answers sometimes deviate
blatantly.  This is deliberate.

I await dismemberment by the Grammarian.

Q:  Who are the Klingons?