tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 17 09:16:23 1995

Kick this around...

 uu> From: "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen"  <ur-valhalla!kli.org!lawrence>
 uu> Subject: Kick this around...

 > Can we do anything sensible with 'In article ... writes:' as seen at the
 > top of USENET articles?

 uu> Several obvious things come to mind, but then again, what strikes me
 uu> as obvious  might well be bizarre or opaque to someone else.  So...
 uu> input?

I have been using the following quote header in BlueWave:

"@T@vaD "@S@" ghItlh "@F@" 'ej jatlh:"

The @X@'s are macros containing "to", "subject", and "from".  So:

"All"vaD "Kick this around..." ghItlh "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen" 'ej
jatlh:

While perhaps not perfect, it gets the idea across.

| Lieutenant Commander Qob vestai-qutvaj                     |          |
| Quadrant Adjutant, Northern Quadrant, Dark Moon Fleet, KAG |  NOR!    |
| Second and Communications Officer, I.K.V. Crystal Dagger   |  QUAD!   |
|                                                            |  ROCKS!  |
| Fidonet:  Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701             |          |
| Internet: [email protected]              |          |