tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 15 08:19:52 1995

More on HolQeD 4.3

HolQeDvaD ghItlhmeychaj ghItlhlaw' Hoch. qarbe'chugh ghu'vam
vaj qatlh DIS loS paq wej wIbuSlaw'be'?

Already, there has been an unanswered request to confirm that
{lIjaHbe'bogh} is a typo on S9 instead of just a typo in
HolQeD. Does anyone have S9 so that they can confirm this?

While you are at it, does anybody have S7 so that we can
confirm that {'op} is supposed to be a word? Does anybody have
a clue as to what it might mean? I for one don't see any
unexpressed concepts in the English translation which could be
ascribed to it. It looks like it must be a noun or an adverbial
(or a total typographical screwup) by its placement. It is not
a word I've seen before.

And can we confirm that in S9 {yItnISlopwI'} is one word
instead of the two words it obviously should be? And does
anyone venture a guess as to why Okrand said {chaH jojDaq}
instead of {jojchajDaq}? I certainly can't explain it, unless
Okrand is trying to give us some mysterious new grammatical
rule, or unless he just blew it.

And did anybody notice the obvious word order screw up in S13?
Hint: The current word order leaves one sentence with no main
verb.

And while someone pointed out that Lawrence was apparently
incorrect in attributing the first use of {je} on more than two
nouns to the copyright notice, did anybody notice that S14 has
a relatively undisputable example of just this useage?

And how about the apparent use of an ordinal number as an
adverbial in S15? Either that or Okrand screwed up his word
order again...

And can someone confirm whether on the original card "century"
is expressed as {vatlh DIS poH} or {vatlh DISpoH} or both, as
it is shown in HolQeD?

Come on, guys. Everyone has been bragging about this new,
expanded field of expert Klingonists. Do we sleep? Here is food
for warriors! Attack! Today is a good day to dissect canon!

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \