tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 30 09:20:06 1995

The "Queens"tlhIngan Hol

 > >Sometimes I think that everyday Hol bears as much resemblence
 > >to the Hol of TKD as the ghetto English of the inner city resebles the
 > >Queen's English!)
 >
 > Hey, that's quite an insight!  I consider myself to be EXTREMELY> fluent
 > in English, but there's NO WAY that I can understand some of the stuff
 > that gets spoken "on the street."

 > So we study and use "High Klingon" and Paramount puts "common Klingon"
 > on the screen.  Not a problem!

 It would seem that while the KLI and this list started with
 discriptive agenda (discribing the properties of tlhIngan Hol)
 toward the language and we have evolved into
 a more prescriptive agenda (telling speakers the "right" way
 the language should be used).

 I guess it was bound to happen with the veQ tlhIngan Hol
 that Paramount puts out.

  > -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

 david---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * Even the lotus blossom has its roots in the muck.

Back to archive top level