tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 29 18:26:22 1995

Re: jabbI'IDwIj wa'DIch

SuStel writes:
>Hear, hear!  I have not read the HolQeD article on -{ghach}, but it always
>seemed to me to simply be an extension of meaning of nouns which are
>*already* verbs.

Ooooh, this idea appeals to me!  "{-ghach} *restores* the noun meaning
when a suffix is used on a verb which has a noun counterpart.  It does
not *create* a noun meaning."  If we can get official sanction for this
theory, it will go a long way toward keeping the "flavor" of tlhIngan
distinct from English.