tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 28 07:56:46 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH and stuff

A couple of final comment about Paramount-ese versus *real* Klingon:

    1) Paramount *PAYS* people to advise them about science.  Some
        of those advisors have even gone on to write episodes; far
        more entrenched in the works of the show than we are.

    2)  My Master's degree might be in divinity, but I can say pretty
        authoritatively that Star Trek strays rather wildly from
        *real* science on numerous occasions.  (MOST occasions!)

    3) Sad to say people who get things free (as we'd happily
        donate our Klingon expertise) often value them less
        than when they have to fork over Huch.

    4) So how can we expect Paramount to do a better job with this
        language, than they do with science?

We'd do better to go after the book editors, who have a little more
leisure to get it write (er, right).  PLUS, in text there'd be
no mangled pronounciations, and the spelling could be perfect!  Maybe
I'll send email to John Ordover at Pocket Books.  Maybe
we should all!

    joel peter anderson * [email protected]
       [email protected] * [email protected]
               mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej