tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 27 13:39:03 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH and stuff

jIH Qub net 'oH Dun!

I think it is wonderful!   [Man!  This Klingon stuff is EASY!  KOOL!]

{{:-) {{:-) {{:-)

Seriously, the better response to paramountvo' tlhIngan Hol is like that of
"The Physics of Star Trek".  Use it to launch discussion of Klingon language,
just as the author of "The Physics of Star Trek"  picks up on Trek using
scienctific jargon and notions, and launches into a discussion of real
science.

Personally, I think it is terrific that Paramount is salting real Klingon
into the show!  I hardly expect them to waste time and effort appease the
fractious (and small) community of Klingon nerds. As easy as it sounds *TO
US* to fiddle around and make wonderful grammatical Klingon, that is far less
important than getting the story written and shot in time and under budget.
It is well known that the "technobabble" is written in the Trek scripts as
"tech the tech, and after tech, we'll tech the..." (you get the idea).  At
the end of the script writing process, this is polished off into some
appropriate jargon.  Does anyone think they're going to spend MORE effort on
tlhIngan Hol?  What would we talk about if they did?

    joel peter anderson * [email protected]
       [email protected] * [email protected]
               mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej
        yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'