tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 26 08:39:07 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

qaSDI' Hovjaj 95898.3 ghItlh Qeygh:

>It seens to me that "maj ram" would not be a Klingon
>expression, but could have been an attempt to translate "good night".  "ram
>QaQ", which would seem to me to be better Klingon, would refer to a night
>which is good.  I might translate "good night" as something like "ram QaQ
>Daghajjaj" (although that seems a bit formal) or "ram QaQ yIghaj" (which
>sounds a bit harsh).

I think you're being a bit too literal here.  Surely, if a Klingon wanted to
say this, it would be more like {ram Dativjaj}.  Or, better yet, {ramvammo'
batlh Datu'jaj}.

SuStel
Hovjaj 95901.6

Back to archive top level