tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 24 17:51:59 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> >Then again, "nuqneH" doesn't "follow the rules" either.  If you really
> >wanted to know what someone wanted, you would probably ask: "nuq DaneH?"
>
> As much as I, too, see {maj ram} as very incorrect, {nuqneH} does follow
> "clipped Klingon" rules. :}

Not really; if it were clipped, it'd be /nuq neH/.  As it is, we have no
way of forming a compound from a noun, /nuq/, and a verb /neH/.  This is
a stylized construction, which you'd expect from a greeting.

> peHruS

--Holtej

Back to archive top level