tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 24 20:45:35 1995

Re: Hi, help me or something please

>Urf Lord Fido wants to learn this nice language! But I know NOTHING about
>it and that's quite big problem...

Browse the Klingon Language Institute's web site at http://www.kli.org
to find out plenty of information.  One of the things you ought to find
is information on obtaining a copy of "The Klingon Dictionary" by Marc
Okrand (ISBN 0-671-74559-X), which is offered for sale to persons outside
the United States by the KLI.  This book is THE source of information on
the Klingon language.  Roughly half of it is dedicated to explaining the
grammar, with the other half being the "dictionary" word lists.  Anyone
with a copy of TKD (and the self-discipline to read and understand it)
should be able to translate the language as we use it on this list.  Of
course, there are other resources available as well.  David Barron has a
learn-Klingon-by-mail course of lessons.  The KLI publishes a quarterly
journal, HolQeD, with articles about the language.  All this and more is
described on the KLI's web pages.