tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 23 09:37:48 1995

Re: jabbI'IDwIj wa'DIch

Holtej writes:
>On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Christoph Pfisterer wrote:
>> I've written yet another a "translation" (just does the looking up for you,
>> actually) program. It's called pojwI'
>
>Not that I have a copyright or anything, but *my* translator is called
>/pojwI'/, and it's been around since 1992.  Down this path confusion lies.

I've renamed my program to "mu' HaqwI'". It's not as nice as "pojwI'", but
it says alot about how the program works... :-)

ghunchu'wI' writes:
>bIQHurgh writes:
>>"not verengan SoS yInuS" [verengan mIpchuHghach chut wejmaH wa'DIch]
>
>QaQqu'!  'ach <mIpchoHghach> DaghItlh ghaytan 'e' DaHech.
>                    =

Well, {mIpchoHghach} is my translation for "acquisition". (If it doesn't
mean "getting rich", please let me know.) My interpretation of TKD is that
you can't just use a verb as a noun, so {Suq} isn't correct, and that you
can't attach {-ghach} to simple verbs, so {Suqghach} is wrong, too. What do
you think about this?

bIQHurgh

--= Christoph Pfisterer       _.---._       "not verengan SoS yInuS" =--
--= [email protected]     `---\ c====  [verengan mIpchuHghach   =--
--= http://www.sax.de/~chrisp/     `--'      chut wejmaH wa'DIch]    =--

Back to archive top level