tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 00:47:29 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

>All:
>     We have words for second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year
>[lup, tup, rep, jaj, Hogh, jar, DIS] with the added information that [Hogh,
>jar, DIS] refer to the Klingon week, month and year.  There are no words
>for the seasons.  We also have a word for "period of time" [poH].
>     Does anyone have a reference anywhere that gives the values of these
>time periods in Klingon terms?  Has anyone seen a source for names of
>seasons?

According to a book called Pawns & Symbols, the axis of the planet Klingzai
is nearly upright and there is very little distinction of seasons.  Once the
planet was quite lush.  After a huge passing asteroid altered the orbit
around Cronos, and most of the water was ripped away (or evaporated but not
rained down again), collected in 13 salty seas visible from space, the
Klingon ancients and the beasts had to live near the lakes and compete for
the slight amount of water left to drink.  Thus, they all became carnivarous
and more competetive.

peHruS

Back to archive top level