tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 08:46:43 1995

Re: Is there a KLI program

At 09:42 15-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>>>Even if we DID have a program which could perfectly translate
>>>between well formed Klingon and English, it would likely be
>>>unable to handle much of what is written here.
>
>Let's check that out. I am using a program to translate this sentence:
>
>>>DIVI' Hol lo'lu'meH tlhIngan Holna' mughlaHchu'bogh De'wI''e'
>>>wIghajta'chugh vaj chaq jabbI'IDmeymaj puS yaj, 'ach
>>>jabbI'IDmeymaj law' yajlaHta'be' 'oH. pIj maQagh.
>
>We, federation, accumulate the use of Klingon Language for perfectly
>translate which computer possess done in case that perhaps our data
>transmission is few understand but
>data transmission is many can be understood is it we make often a mistake

This is the exact output the program gives when you give the above Klingon
as input? What program is that...?

>Well, is it quite right? I don't speak Klingon you see. But I have a program
>that translates Klingon words into English. So, this was a test.

Again, same question. Did you do the actual translation (and did you use the
program as "lookup table") or did the program do all the translating itself?

>PS: Ik heb trouwens gezien dat er Nederlander op deze lijst zit!!

[DUTCH MODE ON]
Ja, dat klopt: ikke bijvoorbeeld.
[DUTCH MODE OFF]

But don't write Dutch on this mailing list. Most people probably won't be
able to read it.

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level