tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 11:44:42 1995

Re: Q

>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 22:58:58 -0800
>From: [email protected] (D. Peterson)

>By the way, pIqaD is obviously a formal typeface, not something one uses
>when writing down an order in a restaraunt or signing a name. Is there
>interest in proposals to derive the common cursive and block written forms
>from this? The situation is similar to that of Hebrew where there are 3
>different forms: book letters, hand-printing, and cursive.

I think there was an article in a past issue of HolQeD about a handwritten
version of it.  Also see some of the GIF files on ftp.kli.org, which have
Nick Nicholas' "handwritten" and "Gothic" forms of pIqaD.  I've also come
up with a handwritten style, similar (not identical) to Nick's, which I
nearly never use.  I don't like pIqaD all that much.

~mark

Back to archive top level