tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 14 10:32:01 1995

Re: Some silliness (was: Re: Responses to Vocabluary)

>Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 10:31:19 -0800

>nughItlhta' ~mark:

><...vIteqlu'pu'...>

>*snarl* <- I only said that 'cause Klingons don't blush!

>Would you believe I only said it that way to see if any one was reading my
>posts?

>Would you believe the "q" and "m" keys are next to each other on my keyboard?

You really think I'll believe anything, don't you?  Now be quiet, I have to
look out for that asteroid shaped like a moose you said was around here...

>But Sirius-ly ~mark (et al), how would I say "Try it in <deaf-l>" meaning
>"Try asking your question in <deaf-l>" ?? [*DEAF-L*Daq ('e'/net) DanID]

It wasn't the "'e'/net" business that I was commenting on.  You used "Da-",
which is an indicative.  It just means "You try it on DEAF-L".  It's a
statement of fact.  You're telling someone TO DO something, right?  It's a
COMMAND.  You need to use the *command* prefixes.  Think "yI-".

~mark

Back to archive top level