tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 13 06:59:32 1995

Re: Revision of help!

>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 17:39:31 -0800
>From: Adam Walker <[email protected]>

>I have rewritten my original sentance as follows:

>ghaHDaq Qampu' SuvwI''a'pu' law'.  ghaHDaq Qampu'mo' Qaw'lu'.

>Better?

>While I could give an English version of what this jumble is trying
>to convey, I would have to wonder if the "translation" had influenced
>your analyses.

Let's see...

"Many great warriors have stood on/at him.  Because they had stood on/at
him, [they] were destroyed."

I put the second "they" in brackets, even though the first is also implied,
because unless you're using Clipped Klingon, if you mean "they were
destroyed" you should be using "luQaw'lu'" (don't worry about this; it's a
mistake *everyone* makes, and is so common it's becoming considered just a
natural intrusion of clipping into ordinary speech).

That close?

~mark

Back to archive top level