tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 12 06:57:46 1995

Re: Klingon name (was Klingon Speaker)

At 07:54 10-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>For a rundown of the way Klingon phonology works:
>
>Vowels (V) are aeIou, consonants are everything else (including ').
>Klingon words are divided up into syllables.  Each syllable must have one
>of the following forms:
>
>CV
>CVC [where the "VC" can't be "ow" or "uw"]
>CVG' [where G is "y" or "w" and "VG" is not "ow" or "uw"]
>CVrgh

So "yarno" (or even "yarno peSHIr") would be correct Klingon phonology already?
Nice to know, because I'm looking for a Klingon name for myself as well. If
I don't find something suitable, I could just use this transliteration.

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level