tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 10 15:09:30 1995

Re: Sign Language?

According to Joel Nagy:

> And it's the Romulans that kill their weak (ie. Blind Romulans).
> Klingons just overpower the weak.

I doubt there is a single, universal Klingon response to
weakness. Some will kill the weak (especially if the killers
are themselves weak and falsely believe that killing those even
weaker is some form of honor). Some respect those who are weak
of body but strong enough in spirit to compensate.

A deaf person is not necessarily weak. Their eyes and nose and
sense of touch and vibration can be keen and their
contributions can be many. Even on Earth, there have been many
decorated deaf soldiers.

The Incredible Hulk is deaf.

Green, but deaf.

And not very weak.

As a Klingon, while I am not prone to mate with weakness, I
rarely feel compelled to challenge it. To win over another's
weakness proves nothing. It is simply not fun to beat those who
offer no challenge.

One Klingon's perspective:

Most of the time, weaklings simply get out of my way and I
leave them alone.

If a child attacks me with a blade, I take it from him and make
him sit in the dirt and then I walk away. He may become a
warrior someday and his early loss would be a loss to all of us.

If that same child attacked me a second time, then I consider
whether the Klingon race would be better off without this weed.
We do not need more fools.

And as for the old and feeble, they have their own challenges
to face. They need no more from me.

And as I said, for the most part, they get out of my way and I
leave them alone. It is one of the unspoken, natural laws.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \