tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 07 10:42:43 1995

Re[2]: ranks and titles (was Suppletion)

and charghwI' wrote:

>Exactly my point.

I've always disliked having the <be'> come second.  In this case I'd probably
say <ta' be'nal>.  (With the space between.) Since she is his wife, and we know
nothing else about her.

If we were talking about Catherine the Great, I'd say <be'ta'>. (No space.)

Now, if we were  talking about a female companion to an emperor, who was not
married to him, I'd use <ta' be'>. (With space)

Wait.  Haven't we had this discussion before?

r'Hul

Back to archive top level