tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 03 09:23:23 1995

Re: KLBC: Do you put out

 On 11-03-95 [email protected] wrote to Multiple recipients of li...

 t > Well, whatever heinous crimes Glen is condemned for and convicted of
 t > in absentia, I'd note that in every class of his that I have attended,
 t > "bang" was only used as "one who is loved" and for the verb he used
 t > muSHa'.  And, despite defending the foul bare-stem practice in his New
 t > Testament intro, he didn't perpetrate that particular crime in the
 t > actual text (at least, the last time we spoke was adamant that he had
 t > not - I haven't examined every jot and tittle).

Inspite of the various "disagreements" I have with Glen I must attest
to his willingness to alter his opinion  about tlhIngan Hol
when he  is given suficient evidence.

At the 1st Klingon Language Camp Glen had printed up some buttons
that used <bang> as a verb. He no longer does this.

As far as how the Language is used, Glen is not a
standing pillar in a moving world. He has on several occasions modified
his use of the language.

This is good.
The sad part of this situation is that he is not too well connected to
the rest of the tlhIngan Hol "community" and, I fear, he lacks the
feedback needed to properly and easily gather an understanding
of how the language is  evolving.

 david

 t > [email protected] | Prodigy: xseg61a | roj Suvlu'chugh vaj roj
 t > Sovbe'lu'
 t >

---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD burghDu' ropmoHlaH vutwI' qab

Back to archive top level