tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 30 13:51:58 1995

tlhIngan Hol 'avwI'

tlhIngan Hol avwI' vImoj 'e' vISapta'.

yoSvamDaq bImuvDI' tlhIngan Hol neH Dalo' pagh
tlhIngan Hol Daqel *English* Dalo'taHvIS 'e' DaQochbe'ta'.

lobQo'chugh vay' jabbI'IDHom qangeH.

I have volunteered to be the Klingon Language Police.

On this list, when you joined, you aggreed to either speak in klingon
on any subject or in English using and discuss only tlhingan Hol.

If any blatantly breaks this rule I will send them a small note PRIVATLY.
Something to the effect of:

"Now ,now....<shakeing finger sternly in your direction>....try to
keep your posts to the list on the topic of KLINGON LANGUAGE. All
other posts should be sent by private email or to alt.startrek.klingon."

I can understand how some on this list "Don't want no stinking Klingon
Language Police" but the fact is this list has become VERY heavily
trafficed. Some days there are up to 50 messages and the subject header
does not always accuratly discribe the topic. With that many posts it can
easily go off topic without something to keep it on track.

I invented this position and will willingly give it up at the urgings of the
list administrators.

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level