tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 27 14:27:41 1995

jIHem (was loDHompu')

ja' r'Hul
> tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj vIHem.
ja' yoDtargh
> You could say:{tlhIngan [cleavage]wIjmo' jIHem.}
jang r'Hul
> But that changes what I meant. I'm not proud because of them. I'm proud of
them. }}:-)
jang yoDtargh
> Perhaps it would be more accurate to say:
mubelqu'moH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj  -or-
tlhIngan [cleavage]wIjmo' jIbelqu'  -or-
muQuchmoH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj

Why not <muHemmoH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj>.

If you say that you're proud of something (or someone),
don't you really feel pride becuse of your association
with the object in question? I think <tlhIngan
[cleavage]mo' jIHem> gets that idea across, qar'a'.

qeltaHghach Hal bIHbogh moQmey'e' vIqIHmeH 'eb vIloSlaHbe'.
(vIjatlhtaHvIS qevpobwIjDaq jatwIj vIlan.)

Brad

Back to archive top level