tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 28 14:44:30 1995

Re: jIHem (was loDHompu')

According to [email protected]:

> ja' r'Hul
> > tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj vIHem.

I'm among those who doesn't think this works.

> ja' yoDtargh
> > You could say:{tlhIngan [cleavage]wIjmo' jIHem.}

I think this works fine. Your cleavage makes you proud.

> jang r'Hul
> > But that changes what I meant. I'm not proud because of them. I'm proud of
> them. }}:-)

While the words have changed, I think the meaning is the same.
They cause you to be proud. You are proud because of them.

> jang yoDtargh
> > Perhaps it would be more accurate to say:
> mubelqu'moH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj  -or-

ghobe'. jIH mubelqu'moH tlhIngan [cleavage]lIj. SoH DuHemmoH
tlhIngan [cleavage]lIj. muQuchmoHqu'. {{:)>

> tlhIngan [cleavage]wIjmo' jIbelqu'  -or-
> muQuchmoH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj
>
> Why not <muHemmoH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj>.

maj.

> If you say that you're proud of something (or someone),
> don't you really feel pride becuse of your association
> with the object in question? I think <tlhIngan
> [cleavage]mo' jIHem> gets that idea across, qar'a'.

maQochbe'.

> qeltaHghach Hal bIHbogh moQmey'e' vIqIHmeH 'eb vIloSlaHbe'.
> (vIjatlhtaHvIS qevpobwIjDaq jatwIj vIlan.)

bIyepqu'. pa' jatlIj DalantaHvIS DuqIpchugh 'oy'qu' jatlIj.

> Brad

charghwI'
--

 \___