tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 28 19:33:14 1995

Re: nuqneH tera'nganpu'

On Sat, 27 May 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> nuqneH tera'nganpu'

ghomvamDaq tera'ngan chaHbe' jeSwI' puS'e'.  naDev tlhInganpu' law' tu'lu'.

> jIchu'bej. pong'egh'bej yo'aj Lessem, la'quv'ejyo, yuQjIDIvI'.

yoDtargh jIH 'ej taghwI'pu' pabpo'wI' jIH.  tlhIngan Hol lughoj taghwI'pu'
'e' vIboQmeH, Qaghmeychaj vIlughmoHmeH, naDev Qu' vIghaj.

Greetings admiral, I am yoDtargh and I'm the Beginners' Grammarian.  My job
here is to assist beginners with learning Klingon and correct their
mistakes.

> pong'egh'bej yo'aj Lessem, la'quv'ejyo, yuQjIDIvI'.

Without the verb suffix {jI'}, you are referring to yourself in the
third-person.  You need to watch your spelling, you have four typos in
this sentence.  I would break this up into two sentences and put your
lofty titles in a noun-noun construction:
jIpong'egh yo''aj Lessem 'ej yuQjIjDIvI' 'ejyo' la'quv jIH.
(I call myself Fleet Admiral Lessem and I am the Supreme Commander of
Starfleet of the United Federation of Planets.)

> jIpoQnISDI'DuH Suchu' mu'mey *TKD*.

"When I need to require-possibility, You all are new, TKD of the words."

This sentence is so garbled that I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Perhaps you mean something like:
tlhIngan mu'ghomvaD mu'mey chu' vIchellaHbogh vIpoQ.
(I require new words which I can add to the Klingon dictionary.)

> Any list of new words for Klingon vocab E-mail them to
> me at [email protected] (I have TKD and the two tapes, + the stuff on coffee
> and milk)

In addition to the new words found in the tapes, some additional
vocabulary has been published in HolQeD, the journal of the Klingon
Language Institute.  Volumes 2.4 & 1.3, in particular, have many new words
provided by Marc Okrand.

> ghIchwIj DabochmoHchugh. ghIchilj qanob.

batlh malja' DaHuq.  {{;-)

> Fleet Admiral Martin A. Lessem

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level