tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 23 12:04:18 1995

Re: TKD-Daq bIHbe' mu'mey'e'

>Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 14:37:38 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>There have been some base-words added to the lexicon since TKD
>was printed. Can anyone summarize in a list so we can update our
>books. I know of:

The words are listed in HolQeD.  According to the index in the latest
issue, they are in 1:4, 2:3, 3:1, 1:3, 2:4, 3:2, and 3:3.  Back-issues
available from the KLI.  I have a list somewhere... what would be the
official policy on making that available, Lawrence?

>A couple from CK (I can't remember the tlhIngan Hol off the top of my head)
>are "be expensive" and "be cheap". I've also seen <nga'chuq> on this board; I
>can surmise it's meaning. The <-chuq> ending implies that both parties are
>cooperating in the act. Perhaps <nga'>
>is non-consentual?! Also, do you think we can backform <lIt> from
><lItHa'> above?

"nga'chuq" was given to us by Okrand as it is; there seems to be emphasis
that it sholdn't be backformed (that's the way Okrand's definition seems to
me, anyway).  I originally heard "lItHa'" as "lIghHa'", which would make a
lot of sense.  Dunno what "lIt" should mean for certain, tho.

>Brad

~mark

Back to archive top level