tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 23 11:38:02 1995

Re:Coffee

     Being an avid qa'vIn drinker myself, I have been following this
     discussion avidly.  I'm dismayed that the topic turned to Klingon
     breasts. (A subject near and dear to my heart! }}:-) > )  But lets get
     back to basics.  Here's my stab at some translations.

     coffee = qa'vIn (So <Kona> qa'vIn or <Colombian> qa'vIn)
     coffee w/cream = qa'vIn wov (Coffee vending machines already use this
     term)
     espresso = qa'vInHom Hos
     cappuccino = qa'vIn'a' Hosbe'
     latte = qa'vIn'a' chiSlaw'
     mocha = yuchqa'vIn'a' chiSlaw'
     tea = Dargh
     herbal tea = tIDargh
     Decaf coffee = qa'vIn puj
     decaf tea = Dargh puj
     chocolate sprinkles = yuchDI

     Now if I could just find out how to say "single" or "double" I'd be in
     business.

     r'Hul
     Klingon Kleavage Klub for Women

Back to archive top level