tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 22 09:49:52 1995

Re: coffee

According to David E G Sturm:

> I completely agree with MS's point to the degree, this is why I strongly
> suggest that a Klingon on seeing cream in the coffee would call it "white
> coffee":  >qa'vIn chIS<...  If a Klingon were to *describe* cream, he
> would probably call it "thing that makes coffee white":  >qa'vInchISmoHwI'<
> Not only must one address the hindsight problem; but the "context" must
> be included too.
>
> Dave.

So what about qa'vIn wov? I keep hearing Southern Belles
saying, "I like my coffee light, with shugga." Also, for the
record, is the word {qa'vIn} or {qav'In}? I've lost track,
since I've seen it spelled both ways.

charghwI'
--

 \___