tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 09:23:32 1995

Re: tlhIngan physiology

>Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 16:08:47 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (Matt Gomes)

>  As we find out in the TNG episode "The Chase", all us 1-head, 2-arm, 2-legged
>beings came from the same species.  Rhe Cardassians, Klingons, Romulans and
>Terrans all have the same basic genetic code.  We don't know how we've
>evolved differently, but we can guess that we all function similarly (give
>birth to live young, breast feed, smile, sweat, etc.).

It all comes 'round...

What was that Original Series episode?  I just watched it, but the title
has gone out of my head.  The one with Sargon.  Sargon suggests that his
race may have been the progenitors of humanity, but Kirk indicates that
humans have evidence that they evolved separately, on their own planet.
Spock, however, allows as how Sargon's speculation could explain some
problems understanding Vulcan evolution.

Whatever; it's sort of pointless to look to Star Trek for incredibly
well-reasoned, groundbreaking studies in Xenology.

~mark

Back to archive top level