tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 06:50:31 1995

Re: PRIVATE: Note

On Wed, 17 May 1995, William H. Martin wrote:
> I went through a phase where I looked at a Klingon sentence,
> recognized the parts of speech and figured the subject, verb,
> object, etc. before translating at all. I then translated the
> words to English in the order that I wanted them in English.
...cut
	While I cannot speak for tlhIngan-Hol YET, I would like to
mention that after a while of studying French (up to UK GCSE standard), I
found myself actually thinking in French, and understanding what people
were saying without having to translate to English in my head. This state
occurred even though I am not fluent, it just seems that the more you
practice...etc.
	While I'm here, and to save another message, I've finally got a
copy of TKD! This is after being on the list since about October. I got PK
about a week ago, and I bought TKD yesterday. (You know the sort of thing
- none at all for ages, then 3 come all at once!) I still haven't got CK
yet though... (Keep hoping)
	Anyway, now I may contribute more to the list. (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

	Chris Pratt %}

{ The views and opinions expressed in this publication are those of the}
{ contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers or editors. }
{ No responsibility can be held for its contents, or for the return of }
{ unsolicited manuscripts, photographs  or artwork. If anything herein }
{ is out of date by the time you read this  message, we apologise for  }
{ inconvenience caused. All rights reserved. E&OE. (C) Crispy`95       }

Back to archive top level