tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 23:45:41 1995

Re: Klingon physiology

On Thu, 18 May 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> An FAQ I once read stated that Klingons live only about 55 years on the
> average.  The bodies do have extra vital enhancements, such as an extra
> vertebra protecting the spinal cord, and larger lungs.

In the DS9 episode, "Blood Oath", qor, qeng & qolotlh get together after
81 years to hunt down an old enemy.  Clearly, Klingons can live a very long
time, if they don't die in battle.

Klingons do have redundant organs, it's called brak'lul.  Klingons have
an 8-chambered heart, two livers and 23 pairs of ribs.  Apparently, they
are very disease-resistant too.  In the recent Voyager episode, Klingons
turned out to be the only known race to be able to resist the Phage.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level