tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 11:04:53 1995

Re: tlh-H morphology question

> On Tue, 16 May 1995 08:12:23 David Barron wrote:
> > Now for CVC I am going to add rgh  as a possible phoneme of the *LAST*
> > C and excluding ow and uw as stated in TKD pg 17.
> >
> >              C    V    C      C   o/u   w
> >        Thus (21 x 5 x 22) - (21 x  2  x 1) = 2163
>
> Not meaning to disparage your good work, perhaps it was rejected for the
> math.
> You know how Klingons are sticklers for accuracy.  The number of CVC
> combinations
> is 2268. {{;-) This makes the total number of one-syllable "words" equal to
> 2541.
>Brad

Point taken.As I mentioned in an earlier post this was an earlier version
of the article thus there were numerous errors. I will try to find the
final submission and post it.

But lets get it clear right now: The Reason it was rejected was based on
it relevancy to the study of tlhingan Hol <period>.

For the most part the article it was a simple intellectual exersize that
I thought might be worthy of HolQeD so I submitted it as a lark.
Yes, even in the final submission there were errors found but they
were fewer than the one found in this article but had THOSE been
corrected the editorial staff of HolQeD would have still rejected it.

David
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level