tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 16 16:35:48 1995

number of days in the week

qo'ran said:

>There is absolutely no reason to think that the Klingon calendar
>even has a seven-day week, since the only reason we have one is
>that there are seven "planets" visible by the naked eye from
>Earth.

I thought the reason we have a seven day week is because the Babylonians
divided Earth's lunar month into (roughly) four weeks of seven days each. The
Romans had a nine day week (labeling the days from A to H). They were trying
for a tripartite lunar month. The seven planets were either an afterthought or
a happy coincidence.

rojche'wI'

Back to archive top level