tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 12 06:50:16 1995

Re: NO! STOP!

According to Steve Weaver:

> RULE NUMBER ONE: Be careful what you ask for... You just may get it!  }};-)
>
> er... make that
>
> ra' wa'DIch: Dochmey yIyep Dathloblu' ... DaSuqqu'law'chugh
>
> (How'd I do THIS time, David?? ;-)  )

Not quite. {ra'} is a verb, not a noun. The rest becomes "You
are asked, 'Be careful things.'" There are several problems
with your approach. We are not sure that {Dochmey} can be used
with abstracts. It may only apply to physical objects. We are
also uncertain about how to interpret {yep} as a transitive
verb. To dodge all this mess:

bIra'DI' yIyep. chaq bIra'Ha'DI' pabchu' reH 'e' DaqawnIS.

Be careful when you command someone. You must always remember
that perhaps when you screw up commanding them, they will
perfectly follow your orders.

>       vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
>                                           - DumaS
> vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
> Steve Weaver       [email protected]

charghwI'
--

 \___