tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 10 13:44:56 1995

Re: What did she say?

>Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 16:23:17 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (Steve Weaver)

>I swore I had heard a "toDSaH" (chicken/coward/'fraidy cat) uttered??
>Have I come close to the "meaning" of the word? {one who concerns himself
>with rescue}

Again, I say: beware of trying to read meanings into words Okrand left
meaningless.  On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with using these as
your own slang, but don't think you're dealing with any true "meaning" in
the sense that someone else will understand you.  See also my article in
HolQeD 3:1 on related "private-jargon" usage of the curse-words.

~mark

Back to archive top level