tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 10 11:25:41 1995

Klingon Paintball (was: Yet another question)

>  Also, is there anyone that plays paintball? I

paintball vIreH.  vIparHa'.

>  know, I know, what the hell
> does paintball have to do with Klingon?

Lots, actually...

> Well, I play paintball and want to
> get a Klingon paintball team together, and would like to know if anyone else
> has tried this, I need advice (like how to get people who couldn't care less
> about Klingon (I know, I was amazed also to find out such people existed)
> into dressing like Klingons while we play paintball..

I've done that!  One of the local ships, the IKV Heebeejeebee, has lots
of paintball players.  So, we constructed plastic armor, padding, and
secured our Klingon headpieces to us as well as we could so they wouldn't
fall off when we sweated, then went to play paintball.

Thing is, our opponents were not trekkies, per se, and were not expecting
to see the opposing team show up as Klingons.  When we showed up that
day, full battle gear, rakish gryns across our faces, they were quite
intimidated.  While we were not in the customary camo fatigues, our
"camo"ed armor suited us fine.  It slowed down our speed, and we were
easier to spot.  However, the psychological effect made up for any
disadvantage.  Even what should have been easy close-up kills were
difficult for the other team.

After all, how many humans get to play paintball against a Klingon?

chuQun

Oh, and yes, we did win.  Close call, but we did win.

Back to archive top level