tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 05 04:28:18 1995

Question

I am seeking guidance on how to say something in tlhIngan-Hol.

Assume I have a woman named Delora that I wish to take as mine.  If I were
talking to another male, ("I take Delora as my woman." or "I am taking Delora
as my woman." or perhaps even "I am taking the woman, Delora, as my wife.")
would I say:

delora vItlhappu' jIH
or
delora qatlhappu' jIH

Of course, it may be that *neither* is correct.  I am a total novice at
tlhIngan-Hol.  I may have opened a can of gagh on this one, but I would
appreciate the help.  Thanks in advance.

Back to archive top level