tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 03 19:28:41 1995

Re: "size" and -ghach

At 07:30 PM 5/3/95 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
>David...

I  will assume you  are talking to me.

>I am having a lot of trouble translating the second sentence or choice in you
>alternatives to size in the sentence ..."His house is as big as a
>Shuttlecraft"  .. rap logh'e' ngaSbogh juHDaj logh'e' ngaSbogh lup DujHom
>je"...
>Sorry I just don't see it....

rap =  be the same
logh'e'  ngaSbogh  juHDaj  = (this is a noun phrase ) the  space his house
contains
logh'e' ngaSbogh lup DujHom  = (another  noun phrase) the space his shuttle
contains
je' =  (conjunction) this joins the two noun phrases

Literally,  the space  his house contains and the space his shuttle contains
are  the same.

The hard part of this is that sufix -bogh.   It can be a  hard one to grasp.
Capt.  Krankor wrote  a  great article in one  of the issues of HolQeD,
I am  sorry  I dont remember  the issue.

>Thanks for the explanation, sorry for the bother...or vice versa <g>
>Ed

   David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                        Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level