tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 03 15:42:23 1995

Re: KLBC: road and Dachow'

> According to Anthony Curran:
> >
> ..
> > As for the word <<Dachow'>> it comes from the file qeylis.txt.
> > The exact line is as follows:
> >

> > <<batlh jIH HIHoH 'ej quv vIghaj 'e' Dachow'>> jach qeylIS 'ach
> > ghaHvo' yIt jontaH =
> > "Kill me and let me die with honor..."Screamed Kaylas but Jontah
> > walks away.
>
> That should be Dachaw'. "You allow it". In the sentence, it
> means, "You allow that ..." Actually, this doesn't quite work.
> That should be {<<batlh jIH choHoH 'ej quv vIghaj 'e' yIchaw'>>
> jach qeylIS 'ach ghaHvo' yIt jontaH}.
>
> Now I feel bad. David kindly asked me to edit his stuff and
> this must either be the part I did edit (and so I missed this),
> or part that I never got to (and so I missed this). It was just
> such a big chunk of stuff and I kept putting it off until I had
> enought time to really dedicate to it, and these days, that
> doesn't happen...

Relax, Will. This is not one of the pieces I asked you to edit.
I wrote this along time ago and you havent seen it nor promised to edit
it. I think had I written now there wouldn't be quite so many errors.

However, I don't want this to excuse you from helping me with the
piece you have promised to look at.

In fact <chest puffed with strong look on my rinkely forhead> I
CHALLANGE you to edit the work I've sent you!

choyaj'a'?

'oy' DaSIQjaj

David
> (sigh)
>
> > qo'ran
>
> charghwI'
> --
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup
 P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey
         It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope
             Not available by E-mail so don't ask!
   E-mail   [email protected]    OR   [email protected]

Back to archive top level