tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 09:58:46 1995

Re: Adjectives + Rovers

At 12:27 AM 4/29/95 -0400, R.B Franklin wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Apr 1995 [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Although we are permitted to say <machbe'>, we are not permitted to say
>> <yotlh machbe'Daq> because TKD p50 Sec. 4.4 says that <-qu'> is the only verb
>> suffix allowed when a Type 5 noun suffix is added.
>>
>> Personally, I am sticking my neck out.  I feel that the verb suffix rover
>> <-be'> is just as logical an addition to the [stative] verb.  However, I
>> certainly will not go against TKD's injunction.
>
>I agree with you on this point.  I think also think it is logical and
>unambiguous.

How about something like:
  Beacuse of the black ship the battle was won.

  Duj  qIjmo' Qap may'

 I suppose  you would change that to:
    Dujmo' qIj Qap may'

qar'a'?

David

>> peHruS
>
>yoDtargh

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level