tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 27 22:16:46 1995

Re: audio mail

On Mon, 27 Mar 1995 "Silauren, Half-Elven" <[email protected]> said:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  The sound-bites on the web site are in SUN .au format, since
that's
>> far and away the most common format I saw on the web.

On Mon, 27 Mar 1995 "Silauren, Half-Elven" <[email protected]> said:

>i don't see many problems with using .au files instead of .wav files.
>i would suggest placing files on the ftp site in both .au and .wav
>formats, if possible.

I have to put my vote with the .wav format files. This is one of the
biggest things about the Net that makes me crazy.

Yeah, sure, I would like to have a Sparkstation sitting on my desk, and one
at home. But I don't even come close to that kind of money and neither do
most people. Joe & Sally Average are sitting at home probably using a x86
based Windows machine, perhaps a Mac. You could count on the fingers of two
Klingons' hands the number of people working on a Sparkstation in their
living room.

Yeah, you can use "Wham", or some other utilities to convert files. I work
with computers all day, I have four of them sitting right here in front of
me here at home. And these damn things are too hard to use. Couldn't we try
to make it easy just once?

Please, .wav format please.

Qu'aplah

Back to archive top level