tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 10 07:16:08 1995

A thought

 uu> From: "Silauren, Half-Elven" <ur-valhalla!email.unc.edu!quack>
 uu> Subject: A thought

 > > muparHa' pagh; mumuS Hoch; gharghmey vISop 'e' qatlh vIruchQo'.

 > Well, it is a question, yet it ends with a period.

 uu> sorry to nitpick, charghwI', but this is Klingon, after all.  stuff
 uu> like  question marks, periods, commas, etc, are imposed by our own
 uu> punctuation.  in Klingon, all Okrand has said about questions
 uu> indicates  to *me* that all you need is a question-word or <-'a'>.  ie,

Actually, my belief is that you're both half-right.   :-)

If I had left off the period (ie, put on NO punctuation) it would have been
correct.  However, if I had to use English punctuation, I should have used a
question mark.  That I just ended with a period was a "thinko"...  after all,
that sentence needs to end with =something=.

So, yes, I should either have used a question mark... or put each sentence on
a seperate line and used no punctuation at all.

Qob

+ Bill Willmerdinger                             Rochester, New York  +
+ Internet: [email protected]        +
+ Fidonet : Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701                      +

... qoH vuvbe' SuS - qeylIS

Back to archive top level