tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 07 07:36:50 1995

Re: A thought

According to Bill Willmerdinger:

> After several frustrating days at work, I've translated the following
> childhood favorite.  Unfortunately, it's not quite as negative in Hol as in
> English. <g>
>
> muparHa' pagh; mumuS Hoch; gharghmey vISop 'e' qatlh vIruchQo'.
>
> (I'm not sure of the last clause...  opinions?)

Well, it is a question, yet it ends with a period. Also, since
the question word acts grammatically as an adverbial, it should
preceed the pronoun {'e'}. Straighten out those little details,
and it makes sense.

> Qob, moghwI'
>
> .. rut targh Dachargh SoH, rut SoH Duchargh targh

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \