tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 14:36:25 1995

Re: Strange New World Book

>Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 14:57:07 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: Alan Anderson                        <[email protected]>

>Your ethnocentrism is showing, by the way -- we're talking about the Christian
>Bible here, not some "human" one.

Sorry, I can't resist...  But your ethnocentrism is showing as well.  For
myself, I don't consider myself to be translating any "Christian" Bible.
As a Jew, I find that classification rather narrow as well.  The "New
Testament" is certainly peculiarly Christian, but the Bible as a whole?
Not quite.

~mark

Back to archive top level