tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 01 22:41:18 1995

Re: Strange New World Book

On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, ~mark wrote:
> Sorry, I can't resist...  But your ethnocentrism is showing as well.  For
> myself, I don't consider myself to be translating any "Christian" Bible.
> As a Jew, I find that classification rather narrow as well.  The "New
> Testament" is certainly peculiarly Christian, but the Bible as a whole?
> Not quite.

Well, since we (the KLI) are translating the New Testament as well, doesn't
that mean we can call it the "Christian Bible"?  Or should we call it the
"Protestant Bible" (since, I assume, we are not translating the Apocrypha).

Semantics - Can't say what you want because of them, can't say what you
mean without them.

janSIy

Back to archive top level