tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 30 15:24:02 1995

Re: }}} Paintball Terms

ghItlh Soqra'tIS:
>The problem I have as a old Army man is that {nIch HeghmoHbe'} (non-lethal
>ammunition) sounds to me like "dummy" or blank ammo.

I disagree.  When I hear "non-lethal ammunition" I think of rubber bullets,
or maybe BB's, or even salt shot; paintballs fit my mental pigeonhole just
fine.  For "blanks" I'd use {nIchqoq}.

If the subject is paintball, then I think the concept of weapons and battle
are pretty much understood and don't necessarily need to be repeated in
every term's translation.  "Paintball" itself doesn't mean much out of
context.  I like the word {'IwmoQ} "bloodball" as the Klingon name of the
game.  If you don't like that much hyperbole, call it {'IwHeymoQ}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level