tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 30 15:23:58 1995

Re: }}} Dialects (was: Klingon paintball)

Chris Nielsen writes:
> Ahhhh! I presume this would be true for the 'mirror' discussion too...

True.  If I were describing in Klingon an event which involved a mirror, I
would probably just use the English word.  However, since a "specular
reflector which allows one to see oneself" is probably a universal concept
and not specific to a particular culture, I would expect to be able to
describe a mirror succinctly in any language.  It's still possible that the
Klingon word for "mirror" is based on an idiom that we don't use; {bIqHey}
or {'otlh beghqoq}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level