tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 22:54:42 1995

}} KLBC: Life is like...

I saw Forrest Gump last week (Hey, it was free in the park) and I was
having a conversation with a cousin.  "Politics is like a box of
chocolates," I said, "you never know when you're going to get a nut."

I was not in a good mood and came up with "Life is like a box of
chocolates, you never know when you're going to get that disgusting
cherry creame shit." and "Life is like Heizenberg's cat in a box, it
doesn't matter when the box is closed, you know when you open it all
you're going to have is a dead cat."

I tried my hand at saying it in tlhIngan Hol:

yIn 'oH ngaSwI'Daq yuchmey'e'  "As for life, it is chocolates in a box."

So, how did I do?  Note, I did this translation at 2 in the morning and
in a rotton mood.

Kordite

Back to archive top level