tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 23:18:13 1995

Re: }}} Paintball Terms

> Hmm.  Maybe we're extending the meaning of -Hey too much.  -Hey seems to
> imply more uncertainty than "being sortakinda", if you read its definition.
> Personally, I'd *like* it if we could use -Hey as you're using it, and I
> think I have done so.  There also may be some canon supporting it.  I think
> I'll tentatively support such usage, hoping we get some canon support.
> Anyone know of any?

Unfortunately, I don't think canon supports this usage.  {-Hey} means
apparent, but not yet proven.  {pengHey} would mean, "It's possibly a
torpedo, but I'm not quite sure."  If you wanted to say "it's kinda like
a torpedo", I would use something like {peng rur} (it resembles a torpedo).

For "projectile", I would probably stick to {nIch} (ammunition) but
{pengHom} is probably okay too.  As for "paintball",  maybe you could use
{nIch HeghmoHbe'} (non-lethal ammunition) or {nIchmoQ} (ammo-sphere).

> ~mark

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level