tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 25 16:33:55 1995

Re: }}} KKB: Another Kid's story

Matt Whiteacre writes:

Last night I was reading a Dr. Seuss story to my daughters and I thought how
easy it would be to translate it into tlhIngan Hol.  Well this morning I did
so now we have another entry for the KKB (Klingon Kid's Books) [I think that
was Joel's acronym].

Actually, we started in on this at the qep'a'.  Amidst a great deal of snorts
and giggles I managed "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" in Klingon.
 It was well received.  My memory was strained a bit, but I thought the next
line was "this one has a little star, this one has a little car..." or some
such, and mangled a Klingon translation of that as well.  There was much
rejoicing.

Unfortunately, I am fairly sure that all of Dr. Seuss's materials are still
very much under copyright, and *NOT* in the public domain.  Oh well.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level